Station One, The Tree of Jesse


The Tree of Jesse - 31165 Huntington Woods Parkway Bay Village, OH 44140

Song - "Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming" by Penny and Sparrow




Behold, the Lord, the Lord of hosts, lops off the boughs with terrible violence; the tall of stature are felled, and the lofty ones brought low; the forest thickets are felled with the axe, and Lebanon in its splendor falls.  

But a shoot shall sprout from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots a bud shall blossom.  The spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him:  a spirit of wisdom and of understanding, a spirit of counsel and of strength, a spirit of knowledge and of fear of the Lord, and his delight shall be the fear of the Lord...  Then the wolf shall be a guest of the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; the calf and the young lion shall browse together, with a little child to guide them.  The cow and the bear shall be neighbors, together their young shall rest; the lion shall eat hay like the ox.  The baby shall play by the cobra's den, and the child lay his hand on the adder's lair.  There shall be no harm or ruin on all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be filled with knowledge of the Lord.    Isaiah 10:33-11:9


Prayer

My God, thank you for not giving up on your children, especially me.  Despite my repeated sins and failings, you love me endlessly and even sent your son, Jesus,  to save me.  Help me to love as you do.  Help me to empty myself, use my gifts and sacrifice myself for the good of others as you have done for me. 



Comments

Popular Posts